As battery development, the advantages of lithium battery are more and more discovered by people, and the range of use is more and more wide. More and more light manufacturers use lithium battery in emergency lamps. The following are the advantages of lithium battery:
1. Friendly to environmental: lithium battery production, use and even scrap do not produce lead, mercury, cadmium and other toxic heavy metal substances.
2. No memory effect: lithium batteries can be charged and discharged at any time, unlike Ni-MH and Ni-cd batteries, they must wait until the power is exhausted. It meets the needs of emergency lights very well.
3. Strong adaptability to environmental temperature difference: it can be used in the environment of - 20 ℃ – 60 ℃. After special treatment, it can be used in the environment of - 45 ℃ or 80 ℃. so used in all kinds of emergency lights.
4. Small volume and large capacity: compared with lead-acid battery, nickel cadmium battery, nickel hydrogen battery, the lithium battery, have smaller volume and larger capacity, which are obviously better than traditional batteries. Very good to meet the emergency light requirement.
5. Service life is relatively long: service life can reach more than 4 years. For example, lithium battery LiFePO4, the cycle can be recorded up to 1000 times at 1C charge discharge rate. use lithium battery for emergency can reduce the replacement of battery. The maintenance will be easy ,and cost will reduced a lot.
6. The self discharge rate is very low. Self discharge rate is one of the characteristics of lithium batteries. At normal temperature, the self discharge rate of the lithium battery is about 10% if the battery is fully charged for one month. Under the same conditions, the self discharge rate of Ni Cd is 25-30%, and that of Ni MH is 30-35%. The emergency lamps can be stored for a long time without use.